Back AttackFitness ∙ Tags: Back, Cardio ∙ Posted on: October 13, 2014
This workout focuses on building a muscular back, targeting a lot of middle back/lats. The key to this workout is performing each exercise slowly and as always, form is crucial.
There is no specific warm-up for this workout. I normally add cardio on back day, so my warm-up is short and sweet (sometimes cardio is my warm-up if I do it in the beginning). Since this is mainly an upper body day, I suggest warming up with push-ups and/or pull-ups along with a couple of minutes of agility work (high knees, butt kicks, short sprint build-ups). I added a 15 minute HIIT cardio at the end as an example of what I would normally do. I suggest giving it a try!
- 4xAMRAP Wide-grip Pull-ups
- 4×10 Deadlifts
- 4×12 T-bar (or V-bar) Rows SS 4×12 DB Single Arm Rows
- 3×12 Wide Grip Lat Pulldown SS 3×12 Reverse Close Grip Lat Pulldown
- 30s Sprint on/off for 5 mins
- 30s Burpees on/off for 5 mins
- 30s Box Jumps on/off for 5 mins