Healthy Thin PizzaNutrition ∙ Tags: Clean-eating, Macro-friendly, Pizza, Recipes ∙ Posted on: October 14, 2014
I made this pizza during the summer while I was home in Texas. It was inspired by my momma, who works in a recreation center and teaches kids about nutrition through simple, healthy meal creations.
This pizza was very inexpensive and actually fun to make. It literally can be composed of anything (healthy, of course) you desire and/or have in your kitchen. Below is an example of how I chose to make it.
- Ultra Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust Package
- 4 oz of Natural Skinless Chicken Breast
- Marinara Sauce (low sodium and few ingredients)
- 1 serving Mozzarella Shredded Cheese (I also added Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese)
- Olive Oil
Note: I didn’t picture the broccoli and olive oil, but I’m sure you all know how those look! 😛
- Cut chicken breast into small pieces and cook in a pan or skillet with a little bit (~1/2 Tbsp) of olive oil.
- Add in chopped vegetables (in my case, onion, spinach and broccoli) and cook as well.
- Place the thin pizza crust on a baking pan, and smother about 3-4 Tbsp. of marinara sauce on it.
- Add the vegetables, chicken and shredded cheese (no more than 1 serving of cheese) onto the pizza crust.
- Place baking pan with pizza in preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until cheese is melted and desired “crusty-ness” is acquired.
This recipe serves 2 people. In light blue, I noted the macronutrients for one serving (1/2 the pizza).
- Calories = 657 (328.5)
- Fat = 23 g (11.5 g)
- Carbohydrates = 73 g (36.5 g)
- Protein = 48 g (24 g)